Good morning lovelies,
This week has been flying by and Le Prix has been booming. I felt refreshed from this weekend, and came back to the work week with fervor. My thesis is progressing wonderfully… I am working on getting ethics approval now and then the research will begin. I have spent one hard and long year trying to get to this point. It was filled with many doubts and second-guesses, but I have to keep my eyes set on my goals and I sure am glad I did.
Meanwhile, as I work hard, I am already trying to tentatively plan another trip next summer. Although, my restraints are money (of course) and if I can manage to finish my thesis early (fingers crossed… and I need a ton of horse shoes for luck). That means even more worldly goodies would be coming to Le Prix.
This morning, I stumbled upon a great article by Mark Manson. It’s about seven main concepts that help you find the joys of life and keep your passion for the everyday (and life in general).
- Realize that everything can suck, some of the time. But the payoff will be worth it.
Continue to do what your younger version of yourself LOVED to do. Just for personal happiness.
- What are you so passionate about, you forget to eat? For me… it’s working on Le Prix.
- Being vulnerable is a good thing. Learning to do things is never an easy feat (like me learning Spanish).
- How are you going to save the world?
- Gun to your head, if you had to be outside of the house (with no internet) all day + everyday, where would you go, and what would you do?
IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DIE ONE YEAR FROM TODAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO AND HOW WOULD YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED?
Make sure you take these to heart. Of course you need to work, but you have hours outside of those work hours for your life. I will leave you with a happy quote + song.
“Never be so busy making a living, you forget to make a life.”