Today I am feeling even more thankful (after Canadian Thanksgiving),
The Robyn Le Prix blog received a nomination for the Liebster Award from a sweetheart named Jakki over at Jakki Blogs. She offers great insight into beauty, life & love. Can it get any better?
I am SO happy and appreciate each and every LIKE, Follow and Subscription. It’s funny because I used to tell my friends about my thoughts, adventures and life stories and they suggested I make a memoir. Then after thinking about it… this blog happened!
So what is this award about?
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you. (CHECK!)
2. Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award who have less than 1000 followers. (I love supporting the ‘little guy’)
3. Answer a list of 11 questions set by the person who nominated you. (see below)
4. Set a list of 11 questions for the people you nominate to answer.
5. Inform them that they have been nominated by commenting on their blog. (Done!)
And here are the questions pour moi…
1. How did you pick your blog’s name? Well, I have a women’s high-end second-hand fashion business called Le Prix and my posts are a mixture of my lifestyle, travel and fashion (inspired by my Le Prix Instagram of course). So it was simple to have my first name Robyn be mixed with my business to create my Alter Ego – Robyn Le Prix.
2. What are 3 things you can’t live without? My Smith’s Strawberry Lip Balm from Sephora. Green Tea + Local Honey. A gorgeous pair of shoes (it used to be just heels, but loafers, boots and flats are just so lovely too!).
3. What is your most prized possession? It’s a tough call… But I would have to say my first pair of Louboutin Heels. You gotta’ love the red bottom.
4. What’s your most embarrassing moment? Well this is getting us comfortable quickly, huh? This is a hard one seeing as I am not always so graceful in my 24 years of life. I would have to say in Grade 6, I was rocking the platform boots from the 90’s in class after a presentation and falling backward flat on my back… from nothing. I literally was just standing there and next thing I know my balance is off and BOOM.. on the ground in front of everyone. I know it is nothing horrid, but don’t you remember being an awkward kid and thinking “my life is over” at the littlest things?
5. What’s your job now and what’s you dream career? Well my job is being the female Van Wilder. Just kidding. But I am a Graduate Student, a Teachers Assistant and best of all, the Founder and Owner of Le Prix. Pursuing Le Prix is my dream. I love mixing business, sustainability of the environment and fashion. Although, the feeling I get of being in the outdoors doing research is a close tie. Nature is my go-to for feeling closest to relaxation and happiness from life’s simplicity.
6. What’s your favourite joke? (Extra brownie points if it’s rude) To be honest, I am not good at jokes, but searched for one I would tell. Here is goes..
A woman tried to board a bus but her skirt was so tight that she couldn’t make the step up.
So she reached behind her, lowered her zip and tried again. Still the skirt was too tight. So again she reacher behind her, lowered her zip a little more and tried to negotiate the step. But still the skirt was too tight.
Determined to catch this bus, she once more reached behind her, lowered the zip a little and attempted to climb aboard. Then suddenly she felt two hands on her butt, helping her on to the bus.
She turned around angrily and told the man behind her: “Sir, I don’t know you’ well enough for you to behave in such a manner.”
The man replied: “Lady, I don’t know you well enough for you to unzip my fly three times either!”
7. What’s the number one thing to do on your bucket list? Just one!? This is too much pressure…I guess continue to travel. It teaches you so much about the world and yourself. It humbles you.
8. Where is your most favourite place in the world? If we are talking about any place, I would say curled up next to my boyfriend, with my hand on his chest (sorry if that’s super cheesy). But a physical location would be the sky. Being at a window seat in a plane, because that means I am going somewhere exciting!
10. What advice would you give to fellow bloggers? Write from a personal perspective. People want something to relate to. And something to inspire their everyday.
11. Who is your inspiration? Taylor Swift. She is my age, carries herself so well and is a powerhouse. She has accomplished so much and continues to reinvent her business and brand. She has great style too. We are in different industried, but it’s good to consider someone your age and what they are capable of. Which means you are capable of just as much.
Now for my turn to nominate some amazing blogs…
Now for the questions, I want to ask YOU!
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- Where do you want to travel most?
- What is your guilty pleasure treat to eat?
- Who inspires you?
- Why did you start your blog and why do you continue to do it?
- What have you accomplished that you’re most proud of?
- What do you like to do, to unwind and relax?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- What is your passion?
- What is your favorite quote?
- If your house was burning down, what one item would you grab, and why?
Well this has been a lengthy post. Thanks for taking the time to read this! Just to let you know how special I think you all are, here is a cheerful song to make your heart swell. 🙂