Today is another fresh start, Le Prix readers,
When another year passes by, it gives us time to reflect on all the pitfalls, triumphs and lessons we learned. To make 2015 better than ever, picture the year as a story, with 365 pages and each one should have something substantial to write about. You may not proclaim a specific resolution, but deep down we all have a mental list of what we’d like to accomplish or improve.
Making solid changes that will last isn’t simple because it doesn’t just require a change in action, it requires a change in your thoughts. But how can you change your thought unless you understand what what you truly want?
If you’ve got a few minutes to spare, sit down, make a tea and read over a list of ideas that have donned on me, I’ve read or heard.
I hope this inspires you to broaden your horizons and set your sights on something good.
- You can’t redo the most important moments in life. So do them right the first time.
- You shouldn’t date only for the sake of dating. Intimacy and real genuine love are key.
- It’s impossible to fail if you refuse to give up.
- Chivalry is only dead if you let it die.
- Often, we find that wrong decisions were what led us to the right place.
- If your life is easy, then you’re not trying hard enough.
- There are always opportunity costs; you can’t have it all.
- Your health should always be your first priority.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life.
- Humans aren’t any better than animals. We’re just smarter; there’s a difference.
- People are mostly made by nurture, not nature.
- There’s always another way to do something.
- The way you see the world is your own personal version of the world — no one else shares the same exact version of reality.
- Sex can be a beautiful thing, but it won’t be beautiful on its own.
- Most of the foods we eat shouldn’t even be labeled as “food.” — If your grandparents wouldn’t recognize it.. don’t do it. Food is fuel.
- Exercise is often the differentiating factor between being happy and being miserable.
- Your life would be a lot better if you focused today’s actions on making you feel better tomorrow.
- Simplicity is the key… to just about everything.
- If you love them, tell them. A shocking number of individuals never get that chance.
- Violence only furthers the spread of negativity.
- Sometimes, the world we’re born into makes us into the monsters we see today. It’s not an excuse, however, only an explanation.
- Change is always possible. Even if we can’t rewrite our story thus far, we certainly can change the way our story progresses and ends.
- Sometimes, you are the problem.
- We are slowly destroying the planet, and there is a high likelihood of the situation deteriorating at an exponential rate.
- Media comprise a business that sells what sells, in whatever format it believes it will sell the most.
- If you feel the need to brag, you probably don’t have anything worth bragging about.
- If you want to succeed in life, then you’re going to have to put yourself out there.
- If everybody loves you, then you’re not doing it right.
- If people aren’t adding to your life, they’re taking away from your life.
- People are 10 times more likely to post a negative comment or give negative feedback than they are to give positive feedback — that goes for just about everything in life.
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work”.
- Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that doesn’t contain it’s lessons. If you’re alive, there are still lessons to be learned.
- Most of the things created or performed around the world — both on a personal or business level — are made inefficiently, which means there’s always room for improvement.
- Making changes isn’t a simple task because it doesn’t just require a change in action, it requires a change in mindset. Much of what we believe to be true right now will prove to be false in 50 years.
- If you don’t know, ask.
- Don’t be afraid to say you don’t know.
- It’s great to be the smartest person in the room, but it’s much better to place yourself in rooms where there’s room for personal growth.
- It takes roughly 10,000 hours and 10 years to truly master anything. Even the Greats couldn’t produce a masterpiece in less than nine years.
- It’s OK to be nostalgic from time to time.
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
Stay tuned for more revelations in my next post. Let me know if you had any goodies 🙂
Enjoy this song I ❤ by Passenger… it makes me think about life until now — and how to improve!