Ever wonder how women who are accomplishing a lot .. do it? Well I had a friend say, “Wow you are so productive, I still don’t know how to do that. I need to learn how to do that. How do you do that???” These were good questions and I realized it was time to reflect on what I do in the mornings to set the tone for the rest of my day.
- Get a good nights sleep .. you don’t have anything if your brain isn’t rested.
- Now some people don’t do this, it may just be me, but my phone is on bedside mode until I wake up. I don’t want any disruptions, and you brain is still aware if your phone is on and nearby.
- I check my e-mail and answer any urgent ones as soon as I wake up.
- Shower (unless I did the night before).
- Make a filling and nutritious breakfast. See my green smoothie recipe.
- Get dressed, get ready and put on my organic natural sunscreen for the day (yes all year ’round.. I am fair and want to protect my skin).
- Make my morning tea (best in a vacuum thermos so it stays hot for hours).
- Head out to do work, or turn on my laptop and get to work!
If this routine is not something that interests you, feel free to check out morning routines for 6 successful women in various backgrounds, at Daily Worth. I know being more aware of this helps me feel increasingly motivated to get on with my day.
But take each moment at a time as to not overwhelm your day with to-do’s and check out this wonderful working playlist (and no, you don’t need to be a hippie to appreciate it).
Enjoy your sunshine filled day and get to work!