Hola from Spain!
I’ve been exploring Europe this past month which you can see if you check out #leprixtravels. Traveling means I have some extra time to do things I enjoy. This free time has resulted in me trying out new recipes and concoctions. I’ve made some delicious cake that I’ve even been asked for the recipe (I didn’t realize people do that anymore with so many amazing recipes online) which I’ll share another time…
BUT what you really need right now is a way to stay refreshed and enjoy a tasty drink. So here is one of my yummy recipes which is super refreshing in the heat. You can make these mojitos virgin or with alcohol – your call. Enjoy the European summer vibes wherever you are.
Serves: 3 Time: 40 Minutes (prep & chill)
What You’ll Need
- 1 pitcher
- Lemon juicer
- 6 limes
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- Simple syrup (equal parts water and any sugar variation – I chose honey)
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- Fresh peeled & sliced ginger
- 1 bottle of sparkling water
- 1 can of Gingerale
- Optional: Rum
What To Do
- Slice the limes in half and juice them over a lemon juicer. Keep the pulp. Add juice & pulp to pitcher.
- Add mint leaves to lime juice in pitcher and muddle the leaves in the pitcher.
- To make the simple syrup, bring 1/2 cup of water to boil, add 5 tablespoons of honey, turn off heat. Mix until melted and add peeled fresh ginger slices and let cool. (Sweeten to taste if you like it sweeter).
- Once simple syrup has cooled, filter out the ginger slices, add to pitcher with sparkling water, Gingerale.
- Chill, serve over ice & enjoy!
Let me know what you think.